Festool USA has just introduced its new 5” and 6” brushless ETS EC sanders which feature a compact, ergonomic, low profile and low vibration design. Built for prolonged use and extended service longevity, the new ETS EC sanders achieve performance standards of air sanders without the expense or bulk of an air system. Festool’s ETS EC sander line is available in three different models: the 5” ETS EC 125/3, which has a fine 3mm sanding stroke, the 6” ETS EC 150/3 and the 6” ETS EC 150/5, with sanding strokes of 3mm and a broader 5mm.
“These sanders can run all day and through multiple shifts,” says Steve Rangoussis, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Festool USA. “They’re equipped with the EC-TEC® Brushless Motor, a proprietary motor designed and built by Festool, that provides more power to the pad and there won’t be any down time for brush replacement.”
ETS EC sanders are equipped with the following innovative features:
- EC-TEC® Brushless Motor: delivers a constant and powerful stream of performance
- Compact, low profile design with an ergonomic grip: greater flexibility in all sanding tasks with less user fatigue
- Active electronic vibration control system: prevents vibrations before they occur
- Carbide-tipped pad brake and electronic control: smooth start-ups which prevent surface marring and near-immediate pad braking
- Dust extraction efficiency is built into the design: Multi-Jetstream dust extraction on the 6” ETS EC and Jetstream dust extraction on the 5” ETS EC; seamless integration into the entire Festool sanding solutions system which includes CT dust extractors, abrasives and pads
The new Festool ETS EC sanders will be available October 1, 2015, through authorized Festool dealers and include the company’s Service All-Inclusive® comprehensive protection program. The Service All-Inclusive® program covers repairs on manufacturing defects for 36-months from the date of purchase, among other benefits.