Obviously the guide rail is one of the main components of the Festool system. As such, we would like to share some things about our guide rails that you may not know.
Did you know that we offer guide rails in two different configurations (one for standard applications and one for 32mm shelf pins and hinge applications) and in nine different sizes ranging from 32" to a whopping 197"?
Did you know that when purchasing a TS 55 EQ or TS 75 EQ plunge cut saw that you can "upgrade" to any of our other guide rails for the difference in price? If you know you'll be cutting down 4' x 8' sheets it may be advantageous to purchase your saw with the FS 2700 guide rail which provides adequate length for an eigth foot cut plus enough guide rail for the saw's base. Most dealers do not list the saws with all variations of guide rail and saw combinations so contact your Festool dealer for more information on how to take advantage of this great option.
Did you know the "Bridge Method" for connecting and properly aligning two guide rails?
If you need a quick method for connecting two guide rails follow these easy steps. There is also a step-by-step pictorial below for your reference.
- Using two guide rail connectors (482107, sold separately) join the two guide rails to one another.
- Using your TS plunge saw, bridge the two guide rails by centering the saw on the point where the two rails meet. Using the saw's green guide rail alignment knobs, tighten the saw onto the guide rails so there is no play and the saw does not slide.
- Tighten the set screws on the top side of the guide rail connectors.
- Slide the guide rails over the edge of your MFT, being sure to support the weight of the saw, and tighten the set screws on the bottom side of the guide rail connectors.
- Remove the saw from the guide rails by loosening the alignment knobs and tighten the screws on the guide rail connectors that were positioned underneath the saw. Be sure to re-adjust your saw's guide rail alignment knobs to minimize play while allowing for easy sliding.
- For added peace of mind, check the alignment with a high quality straight edge.
Did you know that if you plan to do any woodworking that requires 32mm shelf pins or hinges that you should consider one of our LR32 guide rails?
They are compatible with the TS saws and other Festool guiderails, and there is only a modest price difference between this and our regular FS guide rails. These rails gives you the option of using it for 32mm pin and hinge applications using a Festool router, and Festool’s LR 32 hole drilling set (sold separately).
Did you know that if you plan to combine two guide rails to cut 4' x 8' sheets, you need a two 55" guide rails instead of a 55" and 42"?
While the 55 and 42 inch rails will give you 97 inches total, it will not provide enough rail for the saw to move completely through the material.
Did you know that we offer an accessory called the Gecko (492617) for securing our guide rails to any nonporous material?
The Gecko can also be used for carrying materials like glass and solid surface. The load carrying capacity is 150 lbs. in the vertical position, and 110 lbs. in the horizontal position. For more information about the Gecko, visit our website or download the PDF product information sheet .