Bringing The Power.
All the versatility of the T+3 cordless drill is combined with a robust design that features a long-lasting, energy efficient brushless motor, compact transmission, and electronic health monitoring. Brushless motors offer significant advantages over motors with brushes, including higher efficiency and reliability, reduced noise, and longer service life to name a few. This helps the T+3 cordless drill outperform other drills that would otherwise be in the same class. Nearly all of Festool's power tools feature intelligent electronic monitoring and feedback which makes the tool smarter. In the case of the T+3, this technology protects the motor from overload, provides an electronic (rather than mechanical) clutch feature, and an intelligent drill mode with an electronic clutch override, as well as other innovative features.
Festool is renowned for quality components, fit and finish, and superb engineering which all play an important role in creating a cordless drill platform that offer superior power and performance. The T+3 is able to achive greater torque than competitors at a given rate of power consumption.
Brushless Motors versus Competitors' Brushed Motors.
The list below shows some of the key attributes and advantages of brushless motor technology, which you will find in Festool's T+3 and C-Series cordless drills.
- Brushless motors are typically 80% efficient, Brushed motors are typically 50% efficient.
- Efficiency equates to more available volts out given the same battery, which means more energy can be utilized when compared to a brushed motor using the same battery.
- A 15-volt Festool cordless drill, incorporating brushless motor technology, will offer as much as 39% more power than an 18-volt brushed motor drill.
- Brushless motors have fewer wearable parts, resulting in a longer service life.
- The efficiency of a brushless motor also translates into prolonged battery life.
Drive more screws on a single battery.