Marc discusses the terminology, tools and techniques of sanding.
Marc Spagnuolo, the Wood Whisperer, has covered the topic of sanding in many of his videos, touting the advantages of Festool sanders and dust extractors in producing a remarkable surface quickly and easily. In this video, Marc covers some important topics about sanding, particularly as it relates to the selection of the correct abrasive.
Here are the topics covered:
- Sanding terminology
- Types of abrasives
- Applications for the various types of abrasives
- The effect of heat on the abrasive sheet
- Stearate abrasives as they relate to finishing
- Proper progression of abrasive grits
- Selecting the right sander pad for the task
- The benefits of dust extraction when sanding
- Why you shouldn't use cheap abrasives
- Tips for better sanding technique and thus better results
Thanks to Marc for taking the time to teach about these important sanding topics and promote the art of fine woodworking. Also, congratulations from all of us at Festool to Marc and his wife, Nicole, on the recent birth of their son. The Rotex RO 90 will make a great first sander for the little fella, Marc. : )